Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've gone over to the Michaels' dark side and is there a way back?

Or things that have been looking for at Michael's which might pull together projects: (And I don't think am ruining any possible gifts here)

--Little metallic boxes or plastic even, but not wood. Theory is to attach tiles from a bracelet that died. Would probably need new glue too.
--Barring that, a plain picture frame to do the above.
--Blank notecards with colors that are deep and cool and funky, but not too so. Burgandys and greens good; funky neons not so good. Pass on the embossing and the scalloped edges. Purpose: to make notecards using pics. from magazines that I have gotten.
--Picture frames to possibly put my postcard of the Kelmscott Chaucer in (Arts and Crafts style) and one of the pictures from an Art Deco calendar that is sehr pretty.
--Be nice to find some dried flowers (or something less toxic for the cats, but still nice) to put in one of my vases. I may have to accept that this is a lost cause.

Also, I have some jewelry that needs fixing.
--pins that need better clasps.
--Bracelet that probably needs restringing.

Which might not be a Michael's thing. The bracelet might be. And maybe the dollar store would have good notecards, or Tar-shay.

Though I fear that I'm a weird mix of a Michael's/Bust craftster. Like narr on the pink and the pastels, and not quite to the level of neon colored notecards.

And yes, this is the person who did very badly at some of the art projects in school. And I promise that if I start making lanyards or ribboned barrettes or friendship pins, I will warn everyone so they can move to a more safe location. Though Callie would love if there were more ribbons about the place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun. You might find what you want in an office supply store too, since they have blank stationery for some things.

Happy hunting and crafting.

babs said...

That's a good possibility actually.

I wasn't thinking about office supply stores.

The joys of having perhaps too many ideas and being discriminating. (Which might be a nice way of saying picky.)