Monday, January 05, 2009

Apparently, this is the process by which I re-discover music.

--Watch tv. See an ad for a Ford Mercury Mariner. (I checked the name as cars and car ads tend to blur)
--Realize that the ya-ya-ya song is used in Grosse Pointe Blank which I've seen countless times.
--Pull out the DVD to check the scene where it's used to make sure I haven't merged the scene with another movie. Because that is entirely possible.
--Check the credits and imdb for the possible ones. Narrow it done to the ones I know that are not on the soundtrack and hence,are possible.
--Type the possible options on i-tunes and rule out the ones that it couldn't be. And discover that the song in question is "Go" by Tones for Tail.
--Realize it's probably one of those I recognize as '80s, but don't specifically remember hearing it then.

No comments: